Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Got bugs, whatever they are

Somehow my alarms for 3:48am and 3:53am turned into an alarm for 4:38am and a sweet dream, forcing me to make some hasty, command decisions when I did finally wake up. Yes: final dishes, No: pack water bottle. But alas, I escaped on time.

It's early enough to see Davis Square and my beloved commuter bike path in a unique mode. Barely light, almost no one walking around. The day lillies along the path are asleep, birds are chirping, and a Dunkin Donuts ice coffee 18-wheeler just made a U-turn on College St. Incredible.

Now on the T, the first of many steps. I thought this would be the easiest, most peaceful step, but a very crazy man across the car from me is shouting: greeting, loving us, asking forgiveness, railing, warning us... ("have a good day ol boy. I never liked bugs. They got me, whatever they are. *cackle*")

The rest of the trip goes: Plane, customs, plane, plane, customs, bus, customs taxi, subway, plane, plane.... 3 days til Yunnan.

1 comment: