Friday, June 28, 2013

I am feeling the jet lag, and noticing the mental whirl that comes from processing a lot of new info at once, particularly when it's also sweltering out.. Some notes from the whirl

A 1.5 hr subway ride to get to the shenzhen airport... This city is huge. The subway was new (less than 5 years old).  Video, cartoon art and inefficient progress visualizations adorned the wall. A ¥7 green token, which can only be purchased at a kiosk with only ¥5 notes

* I am surprised that the airport toilets are all squat toilets. There was a regular toilet "for the weak," which no one used even though there was a line.  Smelled like urine.

* I'm the only white person on this flight.  Scratch that... There's one other. 

* feeling like a German tourist.  Boots, plaid shorts, and I can lift my bag into the overhead bin....


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment