Monday, June 24, 2013

Woman pack light

67% packed.

My friend Joanne, who is currently traveling in Portugal, recently pointed out that acceptable international carry on baggage sizes vary by .5". That is, Old Faithful, my Eagle Creek travel bag from 2007 through today is .5" too short to be accepted by Air Canada. So... Alarm! Worry! (This never caused a problem on previous international flights, but now that i know the rules, they'll read the crushing guilt on my face.) After some troubleshooting with removing the backpack's metal spine, and squishing the bag vertically with a bungee, I'm confident that I can force my bag to be 21.5" long if interrogated by Air Canada officials. Carry on or stay!

In the meantime, other lingering concerns are one by one being assuaged: my colleague Stacey's husband agreed to let me park my car under their poopberry tree, so that I won't have to worry about moving my car for the weekly street cleaning. I'm closing down on the final todos before I get out of here. Things are looking good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you have the car issue taken care of.

    ReplyDelete